Thursday, October 21, 2010

Star Baby Blanket

I also found this blanket when I was cleaning out the storage. This blanket took me hours to make! I worked on it for about 2 months, and never thought I'd see the day when I finally finished piecing this quilt together. Each block has 26 pieces, and I did a total of 12 blocks on this quilt. Hence the reason it took me so long. That's a total of 312 pieces, which is a lot for a baby blanket. Also, I hand-stitched it which was a lot of work, and my first attempt and hand-stitching too. I really enjoyed making this, and this blanket is a masterpiece which I will keep for the rest of my life.

Here is a look at some of the hand-stitch detail.

Block 1, blue stars with white background
Block 2, white stars with blue background
The full quilt all pieced together.
I'm not sure if anybody would be interested in this pattern, but if you are leave a comment. I want to sell my pattern, but I'm not sure if it's something people are interested in or not. Let me know.


No comments: